Upstream bugs vs. Fedora bugs: KDE people do it wrong

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Mar 31 20:09:51 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 14:56 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Till Maas wrote:
> > Maybe it would be enough to somehow store the information in Bugzilla,
> > e.g. using a flag for each supported release or some Whiteboard
> > Keywords, and then implement another Bugzilla Frontend that uses the
> > XML-RPC interface of Bugzilla to provide a Frontend that can be better
> > used for Fedora.
>
> *ding* *ding* *ding* Correct.
>
> Check out a Firefox or Thunderbird BZ flags for a good example. Properly
> adding some Fedora flags should not affect RHEL.

This still smells like a messy workaround to me. Not only the web
interface is used to access Bugzilla. We'd have to patch everything else
- python-bugzilla, Fedora Community, etc - to properly 'interpret' the
flags. But hey, it'd be better than nothing, if someone wants to do the
work...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey