Overriding RPM macros

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Sun May 2 13:40:24 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 02, 2010 at 06:46:03PM +0530, Shakthi Kannan wrote:

> This worked. I am wondering if it is possible to export CC, AS, LD and
> any other variables without having to patch the .spec file? Sourcing a
> file listing all the variables is one option. Is there something that
> rpmbuild can import in its environment before starting the build,
> perhaps?

Well, you can export in a script in which you at the end call "rpmbuild"
of course, but that's about it.  Yes, you could redefine %configure etc.
but that would become too dirty to even mention.

In general, RPM is designed for getting predictable results, so what
you want to do is in fact against the normal RPM way of working.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>