Super accurate timing?

Christopher Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Mon May 3 14:59:41 UTC 2010

On 3 May 2010 15:29, Roberto Ragusa <mail at robertoragusa.it> wrote:
> Christopher Brown wrote:
>> On 2 May 2010 15:51, mike cloaked <mike.cloaked at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I saw that there is an interesting ultra precise timing code being
>>> developed - to possibly supercede NTP:
>>> http://www.cubinlab.ee.unimelb.edu.au/tscclock/
>>> http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=1773943
>>>
>>> Is this code being developed for Fedora at all?  If so would there be
>>> any interest from Fedora (or Redhat) users if it was available I
>>> wonder?
>>
>> Not from my POV but the source is there in your first link Mike so why
>> not package it up?
>
> Is a kernel patch needed?

Sort of. You can run the userland daemon using tsc or hpet
clocksources (I think the latter is preferable) so probably the best
route is to get the daemon packaged and then ask on the kernel list if
they will carry the patch, though this would probably be rejected
unless there was a very good reason.

Maybe try and get it pushed in /staging upstream...?

--
Christopher Brown