Unable to get wlan0 to fire

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Mon May 3 19:31:00 UTC 2010

Hi,

Not sure on which package I need to bugzilla this under. I have a
feeling it should be NetworkManager, but I'd like to check as it may be
down to a PolicyKit failure (or even dbus).

My laptop is not firing up the wireless network. When I try and bring it
up from the command line I'm getting

Error org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSettings.InvalidConnection: ifcfg
file '/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0' unknown

I've checked and the above file exists.

Googling hasn't showed much in what is the cause other than suggesting
both PolicyKit and NM being screwy.

Using rawhide on the laptop, kernel-2.6.34-0.38rc5.git0,
NM-0.8.0-10.git20100502, polkit-0.96-1. The laptop is using an intel
chipset.

Help! I need to file a bug on this unless there is a quick easy fix...

TTFN

Paul
--
Biggles was quietly reading his favourite book when Algy burst through
the door. Distracted for a moment, Biggles surveyed what had happened