popularity package context on fedora

yersinia yersinia.spiros at gmail.com
Mon May 3 20:19:26 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 7:25 AM, yersinia <yersinia.spiros at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Look interesting from a QA point of view.
>
> How exactly is this interesting from a QA pov in Fedora?  Smolt
> profiles I can understand being useful for QA because it gives us some
> ability to look for commonalities when troubleshooting hardware
> problems.  I'm really not sure what installed packaging information
> gives up in terms of helping any QA process. Care to explain your
> thoughts on this?
>
> Sure, I can try. If one software is used  many time from many user,
directly or indirectly, and it have not such many  problems (e.g bug open on
bugzilla for example ), well this  could guide to the decision of the
goodness of the software and the need to delete it or not if the maintainer
does not believe to support it yet. Conversely, if software is not used -
directly or indirectly - this could facilitate the decision to remove it, in
the event that this possibility emerge. In general it depends on what
someone thing of what it is the QA of a distribution: finding bugs, automate
the process of finding bugs is one thing. But not alone. But it s only a
personal opinion.

Regards