popularity package context on fedora

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon May 3 21:32:47 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 1:06 PM, Thomas Janssen
<thomasj at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>  To make sense it should be on by default.

Good luck with that. I strongly suggest that any usage which only
makes sense with "on by default" is not a usage you can rely on as a
strawman.

The popularity application idea would be a compelling user
benefit..but popcon as constructed really doesn't integrate well
enough to give users useful "popular" application suggestions in a way
that makes sense.  We'd need something that integrates with PackageKit
to relay suggestions.  I suggest you read up on the now defunct
mugshot idea that Red Hat/ Gnome developers implemented as a
proof-of-concept of how to provide a popular suggestions idea.  What
mugshot did is directly comparable to what you want to do.

-jef