Res: Open Letter: Why I, Kevin Kofler, am not rerunning for FESCo

shmuel siegel fedora at shmuelhome.mine.nu
Mon May 3 22:27:47 UTC 2010

On 5/4/2010 12:57 AM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> Testing takes time, lets give up?  Seriously?  Pushes happen about once
> every 24 hours, do you really say it'll take longer than 24 hours to get
> a couple people to test the issue and confirm that your fix does indeed
> fix the issue, and doesn't seem to create any other immediately
> noticeable issues?

At the risk of putting words into Kevin's mouth, I think that you just
made his point. I'd be very surprised if Kevin couldn't get x number of
people to say yes to a fix that he considered urgent. This might confirm
that the fix had its expected consequence, but I think that he already
knew that or he wouldn't be trying to push it to stable. It wouldn't say
much for stability or edge cases, only a good regression suite would
give confidence on that score.