Open Letter: Why I, Kevin Kofler, am not rerunning for FESCo

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon May 3 22:34:12 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 00:01 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> In some cases, the people to represent are even our users, e.g. they asked
> for "adventurous" updates, so why does the Board decide on a "vision" for
> conservative updates? Are people that set on their personal preference that
> they can't see that our users want something different?

Please stop banding about the forum poll as if it were some sort of
scientific measure with meaningful results one could use as a basis for
decision making.  It was none of that.  All it gave us was info we
already had.  Some users would like more adventurous stuff, while some
users would not.  We already had that information, the poll told us
nothing new.

You also seem to keep thinking that just because a decision was made
that a person or some people disagree with, that their input was
"ignored".  That is not the case.  Data can be reviewed and used as part
of a decision process, even if that decision ultimately does not agree
with you.  You are using inflammatory words to try and stir up the pot
because boy, it sure does feel good to be angry about something!  And
boy, it sure does feel good to get other people to feel angry too, even
if they have no idea what they're angry about, or whom they are angry
at.  So quit with the dramatics already.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!