"I have no name", etc. after hibernate
pekkas at netcore.fi
Tue May 4 04:27:05 UTC 2010
On F12, as of about 1 month ago, user information started getting lost
sometimes after resuming from hibernate. You can see this as follows:
- With new terminals, the prompt user name is "I have no name!".
- With new SSH sessions, you get "You don't exist, go away!"
- "Su" fails with "su: user root does not exist"
- You can't login from new VTYs (just fails)
- "ls" does not look up uids/gids
/etc/passwd is 644, and usernames do exist there. LDAP auth is not used.
Selinux is permissive. nscd is off. I do use fingerprint reader for auth but I
doubt that's relevant.
I couldn't find anything in bugzilla, and I have no idea which component to
file this against. Any ideas?
Pekka Savola "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings
More information about the devel