Open Letter: Why I, Kevin Kofler, am not rerunning for FESCo

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 4 14:20:43 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Rudolf Kastl <che666 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/5/4 Thomas Spura <tomspur at fedoraproject.org>:

Sorry if i answer that one, i had to take one.

The above people and more talked a lot about statistics, useful or
not. What i really miss here is just the truth.
The truth seems to me that, no matter what poll gets created and no
matter what result may be, some people have already decided the
future/direction of Fedora. Otherwise they would have created such a
poll (a nearly perfect one, since we have so much people here who know
how to do that polls) and decided the direction because of that
result.

So why is there nobody with balls who says it out loud? Something like
"Hey, like it or not, but we want to become a second Ubuntu". Or
whatever goal it will be. All this, not telling too much, to beat
about the bush, isn't going to help us further and will only create
some bigger frustration.

And the direction is obviously not clear to everyone, otherwise we
wouldn't have such discussions.

Maybe i'm wrong and nothing is decided, but why don't we do something
then and get the data we need to decide the *right* direction in the
first place?

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium