Open Letter: Why I, Kevin Kofler, am not rerunning for FESCo

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue May 4 15:05:11 UTC 2010

Peter Hutterer wrote:
> - I didn't vote in the fedoraforums poll because I trust FESCo to make
> sane decisions without me having to randomly trawl forums to make sure I
> can influence their decisions. So far that worked out for me. YMMV.
> (Also, I didn't really notice the poll until the matching thread on
> fedora-devel was already well into lala land.)

Of course the poll was just a sample. Many people who are for "adventurous"
updates also didn't vote in that poll. E.g. I didn't. And I'm definitely for
what that poll called "adventurous" updates, though I don't see the
"adventure" in pushing new upstream stable releases, and only when they're
known to show a decent level of backwards compatibility and no known
regressions.

        Kevin Kofler