Res: Open Letter: Why I, Kevin Kofler, am not rerunning for FESCo

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue May 4 17:45:40 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 19:40 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> There are changes
> which don't need testing, for example if a patch was dropped because we
> thought it wasn't needed anymore, and it turns out the patch is still
> needed, readding the patch needs no testing whatsoever because the patch has
> ALREADY been tested, plus it's fixing a regression.

This involved doing another build of the package, which could involve
changes in the buildroot and anomalies in the build process.  Ask DaveJ
some time about what happened to his kernel builds when the build host
did a clock adjustment during the build.  Shit happens, and making
assumptions that just because the build completed that nothing went
wrong is a great way to make a fool of yourself.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!