Open Letter: Why I, Kevin Kofler, am not rerunning for FESCo

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue May 4 18:40:39 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
>> That's another problem with the poll.  "Adventurous" means different
>> things to different people, so you can't assume that everybody is
>> responding to the same thing.
>
> "Adventurous" has quite an implication of breakage. A milder term would
> probably have given an even HIGHER percentage for "adventurous" updates.

Actually adventurous is a positive word association like freedom.
People associate it overwhelmingly with good things versus downsides.
It is why everyone from armies to travel organizations use it in
recruitment posters. It is a standard Marketing 101 catch phrase to
make people think highly of something.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.