Reasons for hall monitoring

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 4 20:01:55 UTC 2010

On Tue, 4 May 2010, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 02:45:53PM -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
>>
>> This thread  is now closed. We've received repeated complaints about the
>> redundancy of it.
>>
>> No further posts to this thread will be allowed.
>>
>> Thank You,
>> Seth Vidal
>> Fedora Hall Monitor
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Hall_Monitor_Policy
>
> Clarification please, how does redundancy fit under the Hall Monitor Policy?
>
> The basis of the Hall Monitor Policy is:
>
>  The Fedora Board has adopted a simple motto for general behavior as a member
>  of the Fedora Project. It is simply "Be excellent to each other".
>
> There doesn't seem to be any lack of courtesy present in the thread yet.  So
> it doesn't seem to fall under the current policy.  If "signal to noise" is
> a valid reason for hall monitoring it should be added to the policy through
> the appropriate process.

     *  Hall monitors are allowed to send 'thread closure' posts to
aggressive or problematic mailing list threads to curtail issues before
they become serious enough to warrant an official warning. When this is
done the subject line of the message will be prefixed with
[HALL-MONITORED] and a link to this wiki page is included in the message.

-sv