Reasons for hall monitoring

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Tue May 4 20:43:13 UTC 2010

>> On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 02:45:53PM -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
>>>
>>> This thread  is now closed. We've received repeated complaints about the
>>> redundancy of it.
>>>
>>> No further posts to this thread will be allowed.

I'm disappointed that the thread is closed when there seems to be an
issue that isn't resolved.

Wouldn't it be better to try to focus the discussion rather than
ignore the issues?

Call me cynical but I don't see how 'repeated complaints' is
justification to end a thread. Were there more people complaining than
those participating? It's very easy to ignore a thread if you think
it's unimportant.

-Cam