Please move your ABRT bugs upstream

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Tue May 4 22:23:17 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Mat Booth wrote:
> On 4 May 2010 21:29, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>>>
>>> Please, dear maintainers, take care of your ABRT reports and forward
>>> them if you cannot handle them yourselves!
>>>

>> I want to do this, but I need to verify first if the bug is packaging
>> related or upstream related.
>>
>> However I get these bugs filed via abrt that do not contain any
>> information other than the backtrace. Abrt used to have a field to put
>> down the steps to reproduce.
>>

> No, the field is there, but I am guilty of not filling it in. It's not
> because I am lazy, but because I've no idea how to reproduce the bugs
> that abrt detects.

Hmm, this is what I did this a couple times, i.e. I forward the
backtrace to upstream without including any other information, since
the user does not provide any.

What I receive from upstream is that they need more info. Then I go
back to the user asking once more to get information to reproduce the
bug. The user does not respond again.

What do I do?

Orcan