Please move your ABRT bugs upstream

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Wed May 5 21:47:44 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Orcan Ogetbil <oget.fedora at gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand. But please respect what others are thinking. I do see a
> problem in abrt that it wastes my time.

To stem another abrt thread; see earlier one here:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-devel-list/2009-November/msg01487.html

Basically, the future should be a (by default) anonymous crash
submission database which doesn't send maintainers email immediately
when something crashes on someone's computer, since there's just no
way that will (or has) scaled.

Maintainers can then at their leisure examine crashes, and crash
reporters can optionally attach extra data, or if it's promoted to a
bug (remember, not every crash is a bug - think bad hardware), then
they can interact with maintainers via bugzilla normally.