Reasons for hall monitoring

Karel Zak kzak at redhat.com
Fri May 7 07:15:56 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 07:53:52PM -0400, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 6:26 PM, Karel Zak wrote:

> >> Normally, I'd be against it killing a thread, but the thread that
> >> started this discussion had already been done awhile back and this new
> >> thread added *nothing* new to the discussion. Frankly, it was more
> >
> > This all is your subjective opinion. There is not objective and
> > unbiased way how evaluate any discussion, it's unmeasurable.
>
> I don't agree. There are logical ways to measure this. e.g.
>
> N people participate in a thread.
> -> (N/2)+1 of them complains to the moderator
> -> the thread gets closed.

Why people in (N/2)+1 group read the thread? Masochism?

Why do you think that the thread is interesting only for people who
participate in the thread? We have many passive readers.

I think old good "Don't feed trolls!" is better than arbitrary attempt
to implement censorship.

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak at redhat.com>