Could someone, please, clarify situation with *-javadoc

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri May 7 17:17:01 UTC 2010

PL> Sometimes *-javadoc sub-packages explicitly requires main
PL> package, and sometimes - not. I'm not a java-expert, so I don't know
PL> which is correct.

Java guidelines have come up recently on the packaging list.

The templates in the Java packaging guidelines all show the javadoc
package with a dependency on the main package.  Otherwise, this is not
addressed in the guidelines.  I would follow the templates, although I
will try to get this addressed with the next guideline revision.

 - J<