Could someone, please, clarify situation with *-javadoc

Alexander Boström abo at root.snowtree.se
Fri May 7 19:29:51 UTC 2010

(changing lists)

fre 2010-05-07 klockan 13:41 -0400 skrev Andrew Overholt:
> Hi,
>
> > Sometimes *-javadoc sub-packages explicitly requires main package, and
> > sometimes - not. I'm not a java-expert, so I don't know which is
> > correct.
>
> I don't think it really matters.  In some cases, sure, it would be nice
> to ensure that the package is around if someone is looking at the API
> documentation.  Other times someone may only want to peruse the APIs
> without installing the implementation.

Agreed. Those deps are now removed from the examples in
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Abo/JavaPackagingDraftUpdate which I
previously submitted as a proposed guideline update. (I hope I submitted
it the right way...)

Somehow I managed to not notice the java-devel list until recently so I
think this is the first time I've mentioned the draft here. Please read
and comment on it! The number of changes are growing...

I should move it out of the User:Abo namespace so it doesn't look like a
personal page.

/Alexander