Reasons for hall monitoring

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Sat May 8 06:46:14 UTC 2010

Dne 8.5.2010 07:33, James Antill napsal(a):
>   The thread was repetitive from a thread that had been shut down because
> it had degenerated way past "be excellent to each other", and seemingly
> was restarted explicitly to incite more flames, misinformation and
> hatred.

What if, somebody is not happy about a discussion degraded into personal
attacks, but feels that the issue at hand was never resolved properly.
So he sits down and writes as plainly as he can (BTW, notice that Kevin
is not native English speaker, not trying to imply it is the case here,
just that we should cut each other some slack ... there are many people
with ESL in the Fedora project). He feels personally hurt by the
previous actions, so he writes in quite personal tone. And he is
immediately shut down, because we have already settled this issue (well,
we haven't, the discussion was just shut down, but it is convenient to
pretend we did). How is that being excellent to each other?

Matěj

--
He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man
I know.