Retire glib and gtk+ 1.2 from rawhide?

Chen Lei supercyper1 at gmail.com
Sun May 9 04:53:37 UTC 2010

Hi all,

GTK+ 1.2 has been retired by upstream for 8 years and was deprecated in many
linux disritbutions, e.g. debian arch.

Few applications in our repos now depends on gtk+ 1.2 and there is no
security support for it.

I think it is time to retire it entirely from our repos, though it may break
dependencies for some applications.

For them, we can simply:
1. Simply orphan those application from repos which have dead upstream for a
long time. Normally, those allipcations have better alternatives using GTK+
2.x, we don't need worry about this.

2.Update applications to GTK 2.x port which was already done by upstream,
and ping the maintainer to see if he is nonresponsive now.

Regards,
Chen Lei