How this bug can come out of its dead-end? Any suggestions?!

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Sun May 9 11:50:15 UTC 2010

On 09/05/10 12:34, Björn Persson wrote:
> Frank Murphy wrote:
>> That *should not* be default for most users,
>> as it will end up breaking quite a lot,
>> if used with other repos. (updates,updates-tesing, 3rd party)
>
> If using the DVD together with the updates repository would break quite a lot,

That's just my bad explanation. (not enough coffee)

What I should have said:
If the user does not know how to mount a CD\DVD.
(which is automatic?)
Should they be given usage of PackageKit,
which at the least would require root (p\w) or sudo (within terminal).

If it is a bandwidth $cost,
could not the CD\DVD ~/packages be copied to ~/local/folder,
and shared with a number of users.
along with update\3rd Party repo (as they are downloaded).
using yum*local, hence reducing the $cost.

(also reduces media swapping)

Still no need for a PackageKit rfe fix.

Frank