chrony as default NTP client?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun May 9 17:13:57 UTC 2010

Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> I think it would be better to drop ntp support completely from s-c-d once
> chrony becomes default in Fedora. We aim to support default Fedora
> configuration tools. Radek Novacek is now working on date/time DBus
> interface under FMCI umbrella.

Speaking of configuration tools, we also need to have a look at KDE's
date/time dialog. Currently, there is an option to enable NTP support, but
1. it doesn't notice that it's already enabled by system-config-date or
Anaconda :-(, 2. it's quite lacking in options (you can only enable/disable
it and pick one server (not even a list of servers), no other options), and
3. it obviously doesn't support Chrony at this time.

        Kevin Kofler