GConf error

Pierre-Yves pingou at pingoured.fr
Sun May 9 18:13:16 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-05-09 at 14:04 -0400, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> I'm a bit unclear on the original problem report, actually.  In
> addition to
> what you've said, the report also says that the user had to logout and
> log
> back in before it worked.  That seems like a different symptom.  30
> seconds
> is not that long so I would expect that just starting application from
> the
> menu, reading failure message, trying to start the application from
> menu
> a second time would be enough time...
>
> Also, I'm unclear if simply adding killall -HUP to the guake
> scriptlets
> fixed the problem (or if something else about the install transactions
> were
> different).  If that's all it took, then that also points at something
> other
> than the 30 second timeout being the issue.
>
> Are we able to reproduce the original reporter's issue?

I have been able to reproduce it only once, yesterday when I reinstall
my F-13. From all my machine it's the only time I could reproduce it.
And then, I waiting sometime doing a ls .gconf/apps and I saw the guake
folder appearing.
I think the restart of X solves the problem indeed since I take usually
more than 30sec to log out, log in and retry to start the application.

Pierre