Reasons for hall monitoring

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Sun May 9 20:11:08 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Gilboa Davara <gilboad at gmail.com> wrote:
> If we, as a -community- project, want to remain relevant, it is time to
> decide who we are and what is our goal.

Agreed. The who we are is easy answered, we're RHs *playground*. That
is what everyone, not completely new to Linux, knows and one problem
why we're at 1.3% as mentioned above. Something that other distros
don't have to suffer from. And we're gladly acting like it, e.g.
x-server not compatible with HW vendor drivers at release time
(believe it or not, but users were angry about it). Bleeding edge
stuff like PA as first, ready or not for the masses.
One of the most frequented link in #fedora was/is
http://fedorasolved.org/Members/fenris02/pulseaudio-fixes-and-workarounds
Just two examples.

No wonder we're at about 1.3% eh ;)

--