How this bug can come out of its dead-end? Any suggestions?!

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Mon May 10 09:08:23 UTC 2010

On 05/09/2010 02:28 PM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 09/05/10 13:34, Hedayat Vatankhah wrote:

>> If you have not see this at all, I've seen this frequently. Fedora
>> sucks in this area for many years. I've seen it, so whatever
>> arguments you bring; I KNOW that this bug IS very important and
>> should be fixed.
>
> Currently there are various threads, about what Fedora is targeted at,
> those questions as yet rmein without a proper answr.
>
>> Excuse me, I'm looking for a solution, not for wiping the problem
>> statement.
>
> The solution for a new user to Linux, give hime Ubuntu-LTS.
> When he knows some more, give him Fedora.

This is a bad argument IMO.  Many users are advanced in some areas,
but not others.  The whole idea that "Fedora is a distro for advanced
users therefore it should be hard to use" is absurd.  The ability to
install packages from a DVD just as easily as from the repos would be
useful to a great many.

Andrew.