Reasons for hall monitoring

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon May 10 09:40:07 UTC 2010

On 05/10/2010 11:18 AM, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> Dne 10.5.2010 06:54, Ralf Corsepius napsal(a):
>> Have you ever talked to Ubuntu/openSUSE users and listened to their
>> replies when telling them you are using Fedora?
>>
>> You will hear answers along the line of too much inconvenience to get
>> multimedia working, too unstable (in the sense of low MTBF), "I tried
>> Fedora once, but had suffered from xxxx-failures", no usable
>> system-config GUI, ...
>
> I heard these arguments many times and some of them are fair, but some
> of them just are not ... how less difficult it could be to get
> multimedia working than clicking on two links

... I know this ... It's them who don't know ... It seems to be a high
enough hurdle for some beginners to take and enough reason for to
abstain from Fedora ;)

... unfortunately can't avoid having to agree to the "MTBF accusations"
and the "xxxx-failures".

Interestingly most of the packages I am personally facing "real
malfunctions" in Fedora with, are almost identical to what Ubuntu
ships :)

Ralf