Reasons for hall monitoring

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Mon May 10 11:21:17 UTC 2010

Dne 10.5.2010 12:48, Adam Williamson napsal(a):
> That's the wrong argument. We all know why we _can't_ make it just work,
> but that doesn't excuse us. Sorry to take a well-worn analogy, but if
> two guys are trying to sell you cars, and one doesn't have an engine,
> would the fact that the guy selling the car with no engine has a *really
> good and inarguable reason* why it doesn't have an engine make you buy
> that car? Hell no. You'd buy the car with the engine.

Sure, it is no excuse, and

a) I was not the one trying to make Fedora into "general-purpose desktop
OS",
b) if this is really really important to you, there is enough Linux
distros where you can spend your effort.

I think we have nothing else to say, so let's just not saying that.

Matěj

--
Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or
that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the