s/redhat/system in package names

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Tue May 11 01:27:46 UTC 2010

Garrett Holmstrom <gholms at fedoraproject.org> writes:
> On 5/10/2010 15:46, Casey Dahlin wrote:
>> On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 01:10:18AM +0200, Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
>>> Long time ago, all *redhat* packages were renamed to "system*".
>>> But three of them are still alive: redhat-lsb, redhat-menus and redhat-rpm-config
>>
>> I think s/redhat/fedora/ is the better choice for these particular
>> instances.

> If they aren't specific to only Fedora like fedora-release and
> fedora-release-notes are, why put "fedora" in the package names at all?

The rpm-config package is certainly pretty specific to RHEL/Fedora.
Can't speak to the other two of my own knowledge ... but if they weren't
renamed the first time around, it's probably because people thought they
were distro-specific.  s/redhat/fedora/ seems a plausible solution
to me.

			regards, tom lane