Fedora 13 continuing the tradition of being an update monster

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 11 07:42:06 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 8:14 AM, James Antill <james at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>  Thankfully all the giant flamewars and new policies didn't make anyone
> think twice about the users, as we already have 140 updates with a
> combined size of _over_ 750MB on x86_64, biggest 5 are:
>
> 6.2M wesnoth-1.8.1-1.fc13.x86_64.rpm
>  12M hanazono-fonts-20100222-2.fc13.noarch.rpm
>  48M xmoto-0.5.3-1.fc13.x86_64.rpm
> 260M wesnoth-data-1.8.1-1.fc13.noarch.rpm
> 318M openarena-0.8.5-1.fc13.noarch.rpm
>
> ...the last being particularly "nice", in that the package hasn't been
> updated for almost a year but now we get 2 300MB+ presents at once.
>  Welcome to the new Fedora updates, much like the old Fedora updates.
> Hey, at least Kevin should be happy.

What was that for? To start another flamewar including the challenge
for a explicit person? Oh, and could you post a link to the new
updates policies please. It seems i missed them. I will have at least
the chance to check for the new rule, that releases don't get updates
approx. bigger than 5MB/package. Looks like a lot to read for me.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium