Quake3 security issue and non-responsive maintainer: Xavier Lamien

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue May 11 09:07:22 UTC 2010

Hi

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/bugs/quake3

Quake 3 engine needs to be updated.  The current version has security
issues and breaks multiplayer in a couple of Quake3 based games such as
OpenArena.  The maintainer has not responded in bugzilla since March and
has not responded to private email either.  I would like to invoke the
fast track process.   Meanwhile, I will be much obliged if someone
updates Quake 3 to the latest version available and push out updates for
Fedora 13 and 12.

Rahul