Fedora 13 continuing the tradition of being an update monster

Jon Ciesla limb at jcomserv.net
Tue May 11 13:29:25 UTC 2010

On 05/11/2010 01:14 AM, James Antill wrote:
>   Thankfully all the giant flamewars and new policies didn't make anyone
> think twice about the users, as we already have 140 updates with a
> combined size of _over_ 750MB on x86_64, biggest 5 are:
>
> 6.2M wesnoth-1.8.1-1.fc13.x86_64.rpm
>   12M hanazono-fonts-20100222-2.fc13.noarch.rpm
>   48M xmoto-0.5.3-1.fc13.x86_64.rpm
> 260M wesnoth-data-1.8.1-1.fc13.noarch.rpm
> 318M openarena-0.8.5-1.fc13.noarch.rpm
>
> ...the last being particularly "nice", in that the package hasn't been
> updated for almost a year but now we get 2 300MB+ presents at once.
>   Welcome to the new Fedora updates, much like the old Fedora updates.
> Hey, at least Kevin should be happy.

Speaking as the wesnoth and xmoto maintainer, I've, in the past, asked
for wesnoth releases of this nature to be tagged into final to same
mirror space, but, again, it's not in the default spin, and we now have
deltarpms (and a huge thank to to all responsible there), so I really
don't think it's that big of an issue.  If someone wants to request
this, or thinks I should do so, pipe up now, as the hour of relevance
draws near.  Besides, I doubt they'd do it anyway, after reading Jesse's
Release Candidate email.  And probably with good reason.

All of that said, I'll keep doing game updates.  Gamers want them, as
has already been said.

-J