usb_modeswitch-data missing in F12

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue May 11 14:33:49 UTC 2010

Yesterday I got this dependency error from yum on Fedora 12:

 Error: Paquete: usb_modeswitch-1.1.2-3.fc12.x86_64 (updates)
           Necesita: usb_modeswitch-data

Did I perhaps cause something to break in F-12 with my F-11 update?

I don't remember building anything for F-12. The last F-12 build of
usb_modeswitch in Koji was made by you a long time ago:

 http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=6396

Perhaps the corresponding usb_modeswitch-data update wasn't pushed to
stable in Bodhi?

Either way, this seems to reveal a weakness in our tooling: how could a
package be pushed to the updates repository when its dependencies are
not being satisfied? This situation happens quite frequently in Fedora
because it's hard for a maintainer to check for dependency problems
manually.