Fedora 13 continuing the tradition of being an update monster

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed May 12 09:02:32 UTC 2010

> The reason is that it is *game* and it is not part of the default set.
> Anyone who chooses to install it will get an updated game.  I think the
> focus here is misguided. We should be paying attention to updates of the
> default package set instead IMO but if there is a consensus that it is
> actually a problem,  I can refrain from pushing it.  Let me know.

I'm entirely with the 'it's no problem' camp, here.

To answer the question someone posed earlier in the thread, when I was
doing a lot of testing of various F13 RC2 installs yesterday, none of
them - not the default desktop install from DVD, the desktop spin, the
KDE spin or the Xfce spin - had more than 12 updates available. I don't
recall the exact size of the available update sets, but they were around
10-20MB I think.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey