clutter on F13 - nvidia graphics card

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Wed May 12 14:54:18 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-05-12 at 08:27 -0400, Mark Bidewell wrote:
> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 8:18 AM, Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:
> > hey,
> >
> > I'm using pyclutter to develop an app. It worked perfectly on F12, on
> > nouveau. The same code is failing on F13 with segfaults. Any pointers to
> > debugging this? I don't think it's a clutter issue since the program
> > works on my colleague's machine which features intel graphics.
> >
> > Could someone please tell me what the status of support for clutter on
> > nvidia cards in F13 is? Does nouveau support composting or whatever it
> > is needed for clutter?
> >
> > I'd like to learn more on the subject so any links etc. would really be
> > helpful.
> >
> > I would like to offer my machine for testing too here.
> >
> > Thanks and regards,
> > Ankur
> >
> > --
> >

> I don't know if this helps but here is a thread on gnome-games (uses
> clutter) issues:
>
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2010-April/134957.html

hey,

I've already looked at the thread. I got the same error initially.
Installing the experimental mesa driver corrected the "failed to create
drawable" issue. Now it silently segfaults :(

As I said earlier, the code works normally on an intel graphics
machine.

Any other suggestions? If I could debug it or get more info, I might be
able to file a bug @nouveau. Anything to aid me in that direction?

Thanks and regards,
Ankur