Fedora 13 Release Candidate Phase

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Wed May 12 18:14:59 UTC 2010

Jesse Keating said the following on 05/10/2010 04:08 PM Pacific Time:
> Fedora 13 has released Release Candidate stage.  We have reached a state
> where the known blockers were fixed and were able to make a release
> candidate.  This happened last Thursday, and almost immediately we found
> a need to spin a second release candidate.  From this point on, only
> items critical to the release will be tagged into the branched Fedora 13
> repo.
>
> I'm currently doing the first push of Fedora 13 stable updates.  These
> will be what we call "0-day" updates, that is updates available at
> release time.  Things in the bodhi update system for Fedora 13 can now
> be pushed "stable" to this updates repo.  This allows our maintainers to
> continue to improve Fedora 13 as release engineering and QA finalize the
> release bits.
>
> If you have a bug that you think is critical to the release of Fedora 13
> and must be fixed on the media, please make your bug block "F13Blocker".
> We will be reviewing the contents of this blocker bug frequently
> throughout the days as we near our go / no go decision.

I've noticed some discussion on #fedora-devel about "taking in
nice-to-haves since the release is slipping."  If these new packages are
not blockers or critical to the release when/where did we decide to
deviate from what is stated above?

Who decides what gets in and what is the criteria? Better yet, is this
written down anywhere?

John