Fedora 13 Release Candidate Phase

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed May 12 20:52:05 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 01:25:11 +0530,
  Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to hear some more thoughts on that.  IMO,  either the game
> update should getting pulled in or people should just accept that the
> size of the games are large and updates are going to be big as well and
> focus on the updates for the default applications instead.  It seems a
> waste of time to create more and more threads on frequent intervals
> without forming some consensus and guidelines on the right approach.  I
> am happy to follow any guidelines set forward but not as happy to be
> singled out for an update that does affect except those who deliberately
> choose to install it.

I don't see that pulling in the games is a good idea. The release process is
that only blockers should be pulled in right now, though that is being
bent a little. There should be some clarification done in that regard for
the next release, but there is no way these game updates are in that category.
While the risk that they would break other things seems very low, I don't
think starting out with a smaller updates repository at this point is worth
taking the risk. I might be convinced otherwise for a large package that
was on the default install as that could result in significant bandwidth
savings. But I don't think that applies to wesnoth or openarena.