PackageKit need to be more intelligent!

João Neto joao.gsneto at gmail.com
Wed May 12 22:35:54 UTC 2010

2010/5/12 Seth Vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org>

> Seriously folks- try doing a 'yum search foo' before saying we cannot
> provide good search results.

I do not doubt that yum bring good results, but what you see as good
results?

For me and, I believe, the target audience of Fedora, "search for foo" would
need to bring results that make applications with use foo, or to open "foo"
files. Or implement the foo cool service. When someone opens a terminal and
type yum search ... he knows what he is doing. But when someone clicks Apps
-> Add / Remove Software and Search, does not want things that he did not
know what he mean, he search for Cool applications!

In my opinion, obviously...

--
Joao Neto - Web Developer | PHP Zend Certified Engineer
@joao_neto | http://www.joaoneto.blog.br