PackageKit need to be more intelligent!

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu May 13 07:23:54 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 12 May 2010 23:24:13 Seth Vidal wrote:
> On Wed, 12 May 2010, Guido Grazioli wrote:
> > 2010/5/12 Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com>:
> >> The search box has a icon on the left side which defaults to searching
> >> the name rather than description.  It is probably too subtle to notice.
> >> I bet that is the problem here.
> >>
> >> Rahul
> >
> > Having an additional option in that context menu, which makes the search
> > mimic the "applications" search implemented in latest pkgdb, would be
> > a very nice feature indeed.
>
> yum can search an additional keywords database if it is in the metadata.

This thread is more about UI frontend - it makes sense to list relevant
results for end users. Devel packages for example are not. But I don't use any
package management software so maybe it's already there. Yum and CLI rulez :D

Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>

Office: +420 532 294 275