Renaming packages, trimming changelog and re-starting revisions?

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Thu May 13 15:05:12 UTC 2010

Hi,

we recently started a relatively big rename of several packages
(jakarta-commons). There seems to be inconsistency as far as changelog
trimming and revision numbering goes. I could not find anything on that
point on wiki.

So:

1. Is is required to trim the changelog when renaming package?
2. Is it required to start counting revisions from 1 again?

If there are no MUSTs, what is recommended or considered good practice?

Thanks,
--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>

PGP: 71A1677C