Fedora 13 Release Candidate Phase

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu May 13 16:22:42 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 10:03 -0400, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> El Thu, 13-05-2010 a las 09:53 -0400, Bernie Innocenti escribió:
>
> > I gave a -1 to this update a few days ago, but it's been ignored:
> >
> >  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/openarena-0.8.5-1.fc13
> >

> Analyzing the event log in Bodhi exposes where our quality process
> ultimately fails: the update got my -1, then it was pushed to stable
> regardless of its negative karma.
>
>  sundaram - 2010-04-27 15:36:35
>  This update has been submitted for testing.
>
>  bodhi - 2010-04-28 03:08:08
>  This update has been pushed to testing
>
>  sundaram - 2010-05-07 22:21:43
>  This update has been submitted for stable.
>
>  bernie - 2010-05-08 15:28:43
>  Core dumps after initializing sound.
>  (-1)
>
>  bodhi - 2010-05-10 23:44:08
>  This update has been pushed to stable
>

> Is the last action automated or are humans overseeing it?

It's a little of both.  once the update has been requested for stable,
the maintainer could rescind that request before releng does the push.
However there are generally hundreds of updates across the releases that
get pushed at one time, and releng does not have the time or man power
to click through each one looking for negative karma.  We rely on the
maintainer to do the right thing.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!