Fedora 13 Release Candidate Phase

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Thu May 13 17:45:27 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 01:19:49PM -0400, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
>El Thu, 13-05-2010 a las 09:22 -0700, Jesse Keating escribió:
>
>> It's a little of both.  once the update has been requested for stable,
>> the maintainer could rescind that request before releng does the push.
>> However there are generally hundreds of updates across the releases that
>> get pushed at one time, and releng does not have the time or man power
>> to click through each one looking for negative karma.  We rely on the
>> maintainer to do the right thing.
>
>In this case, the maintainer did the right^W usual thing we do in
>Fedora:
>
>1) push the update for testing
>
>2) after two weeks with no feedback in bodhi, request pushing to stable
>
>3) my -1 karma came at this point
>
>4) releng approves and pushes to stable
>

>There were just 2 days between (3) and (4). If the maintainer was
>supposed to notice and cancel the push, we're prone to race-conditions
>like this one :-)
>
>Perhaps the (web?) UI used by releng could be enhanced to display the

The web UI does display it.  However, using the web UI to submit the pushes
really sucks for other unrelated reasons, so we don't use it.

>current karma next to each push request? Or maybe Bodhi could be
>configured to automatically cancel stable requests when the karma drops
>below 0?

I can look at doing this on the client side for pushes.  That's a pretty good
idea.  Could you file a ticket against bodhi and assign it to me so I don't
forget?

josh