Fedora 13 Release Candidate Phase

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu May 13 18:26:42 UTC 2010

> On 05/13/2010 02:37 AM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > There was an open ticket requesting Pino. There was not anything from
> > the maintainers requesting the games.
> >

> I did mention this on IRC but what is the criteria for pulling in the
> updates?  If I knew what would be reasonable to request, it would help
> for future releases.  I am also looking for guidelines on, what updates
> are considered a good thing.    Is the game update a problem?

The problem is there aren't really criteria, it's a very squishy thing.
We usually take at least one not-strictly-a-blocker fix during the RC
phase of a release, based on a sort of instinctive judgement call that
gets kicked around between QA and rel-eng.

It's really really hard to codify this, because there's just so many
parameters. We did a decent job, I think, of codifying the issues that
can really block a release, but the risk vs. benefit calculation
involved in 'should we take this fix for this spin' is a massively more
difficult thing to codify :/

if someone wants to try that would be awesome, but honestly I wouldn't
know where to start.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey