Increase grub timeout

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Sat May 15 15:40:32 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-05-15 at 08:23 -0400, Genes MailLists wrote:

>    What if a user puts in a timeout - after a successful boot will it
> stay or be reset to 0. It should never change what the user desires ...
> you may need a fancier smarter set of rules.

Ok, did a test install this morning on a dual boot (Win 7) system and
the grub timeout was set to 5, which is as directed for multi boot
systems or installs using serial.

Also, I changed the timeout after the install and it stays that way and
doesn't change back.  The setting is permanently until I change it
again.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY