Quake3 security issue and non-responsive maintainer: Xavier Lamien

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sat May 15 16:43:14 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 09:29:37PM +0530, Rakesh Pandit wrote:
> On 15 May 2010 21:07, Till Maas wrote:

> > The upstream release monitoring tool (formerly fever) is not really used
> > to identify such packages, because there is no process to identify
> > non-uptodate packages like there is a process to identify old FTBS-bugs.
> >

> Yes, and I think it is time to draft a proposal for same. Remember
> Seth also had a script (which he ran quite recently to figure our
> concerned packages).

A current problem I see with using upstream release monitoring is that
there is no easy way to query which bugs are ignored, because it is
perfectly valid to not touch the bug as a maintainer but only update the
package. This will avoid a new bug to be filed, but the maintainer will
still be notified with a new comment.

Regards
Till