Fedora 13 Release Candidate Phase

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Mon May 17 02:50:55 UTC 2010

Jesse Keating said the following on 05/14/2010 08:58 AM Pacific Time:
> On Fri, 2010-05-14 at 06:52 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
>> I'm up for the challenge.... previously having been told it wasn't
>> possible for release criteria and blocker bugs ;-)
>>

> And we're still making judgment calls there, because it is very very
> difficult to codify.

I fully realize that too :)

"Most good processes have room for exceptions. There are definitely
times when judgment calls must be made by certain teams or people to get
the release out on time.  After completing almost 40 releases of Fedora
(test and final releases), we should be fairly familiar with what those
situations are and who needs to make them. I plan to propose a light
weight process for transparently documenting those situations and which
teams and people act on the release’s behalf." [1]

John

[1] http://poelcat.wordpress.com/2010/05/14/fedora-13-end-game-part-2/