Increase grub timeout

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon May 17 22:56:27 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 13:46 -0400, Przemek Klosowski wrote:

> > In that case, why default to keeping around more than 1 kernel or installing
> > memtest86? (We do still install memtest86 by default, right?)
>
> The usual PC behavior of banging on the keyboard brings the boot menu
> even if there is no timeout. Don't laugh: banging blindly on the

Not always. This varies between systems. I've personally encountered a
system where it's almost impossible to hit the grub menu (neither
holding down a key nor random bashing reliably gets you to it, you have
to try and time a press precisely, and you only get it about 1 try in
5-10; not a lot of fun), and several people have reported similar
systems - including some where it simply seems impossible to get to the
boot menu with a 0 timeout - in previous discussions about this.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey