Increase grub timeout

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Tue May 18 14:43:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 10:34:22AM -0400, Jon Masters wrote:

> Of course it shouldn't be zero. This is what I was saying yesterday. Now
> if Fedora is really targeting end users who are non-technical (can we
> decide this finally, sometime, please?) then this is valid. But if it's
> true that we favor experienced computing users, it should not be zero.

The logic here is unclear. Technical users are surely the ones most able
to deal with this situation? I'll point out here that Windows gives no
visible prompt to obtain bootup options and the world doesn't seem to
have ended, so if we have machines where it's currently *impossible* to
get to the grub menu then that sounds like a bug in grub that needs to
be rectified.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org