Increase grub timeout

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Tue May 18 17:52:11 UTC 2010

On 05/18/2010 12:18 PM, Jon Masters wrote:

>>> User anger really isn't a good motivator.
>>
>> If you're really concerned about needing the timeouts when 'normal' bootup
>> doesn't work, then why not write a patch that simply checks the time since
>> last bootup (via mtime on grub.conf, or wahtever), and shows the menu if it's
>> less than some predefined interval (say, 3 minutes?)
>
> That's actually a good idea. Doesn't help with my desire to have a grub
> timeout available always, but it's a reasonably neat solution and it
> does at least mean we get a timeout if we're likely not booting. I like
> it Bill, thanks for the suggestion.

I'd be interested in taking a patch to implement something like this, fwiw.

--
        Peter

Space, is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely
mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the
road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space.
		-- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy